Wednesday 10 August 2016

Today's Review: Seabrook Lattice Food Heroes: Akbar's Chicken Jalfrezi


Looks like Seabrook is getting fancy now, they've produced a trio of premium flavours under the "Food Heroes" name. There's a chorizo and a steak & ale, but the one I went for this time was this chicken jalfrezi, created in partnership with chain restaurant Akbar's. It seems that curry crisps are becoming a thing, and that sounds pretty good to me. Also, not only did this bag promise a chicken curry in crisp form, it also seems to have advanced sharing bag technology since Walkers tried it out a few months ago. All you need to do is peel off the front of the bag, and all the crisps are ready to be grabbed.


Fantastic. But how do they taste? Like a curry, actually. The crisps themselves are a little on the soft side, but there's a lot of flavour packed into them. They're predominantly spicy, and they pack quite a punch, but underneath there's a creamy, saucy texture, with a slight meatiness. I wouldn't say I could pinpoint a specific chicken taste, but underneath all the spices I wasn't quite expecting to single it out. This is a very decent bag of crisps, they taste like a curry, maybe a little heavy on the spice, but one I wouldn't mind trying out again.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment