Monday 8 January 2018

Today's Review: Costa Coconut Flat White


The festive drinks are out, and the coconut is in. Yes, carrying on the recent coconut craze, Costa have introduced a line of drinks containing coconut milk, adding a twist to a few classics. There's a coconut vanilla latte, a coconut mocha, and this coconut flat white. I went for the last one so I could get that pure coconut experience, to dip my feet in the coconut milk so to speak.

I have to say, if you're a coconut fan, this is pretty good. The flat white is a nice smooth coffee drink as it is, and the sweetness provided by the coconut milk kicks it up a notch, injecting a nice, natural flavour. The coconut taste is a little on the watery side, as coconut milk naturally is I guess, so it's not a perfectly formed coconut experience. But it's a pretty great twist on a classic drink, and I can't wait to try out the rest of the range.

My rating: 4/5

2 comments:

  1. as a rule i dont like costa coffee but i wish i had tried this

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a bit disappointed the coconut milk they use has added soya as I am a bit intolerance but I tried and did enjoy.

    ReplyDelete