Tuesday 21 October 2014

Today's Review: Tesco Jammy Doughballs



The jam doughnut is an institution, available from the bakery section of any supermarket you care to walk into. But Tesco thought the jam doughnut needed a new twist, and here it is, the jam doughball.

These come in a pack of 15 for £1, which is actually pretty good. What you get is a bunch of bite sized doughnuts, each injected with a healthy dose of raspberry jam. I think I actually prefer these to the classic doughnuts. I'm not sure what it is, be it the slightly large ratio of jam to doughnut, making them less dry and stodgy, or perhaps it's the increased surface area in comparison, allowing for more tasty sugar dusted on top. Either way, each bite is a soft, sweet, jammy delight, and it certainly didn't take me long to get through the whole pack. Naughty, but so worth it. These doughballs are awesome.

My rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment