Monday 6 October 2014

Today's Review: Snickers Rockin' Nut Road



While Snickers certainly doesn't rank in my top chocolate bar list, I am partial to a twist on the original, and spying this Rocky Road variety at Mr. Simms certainly piqued my interest. Almost everything in this bar is slightly different. Aside from the regular caramel, it also contains almonds and marshmallow flavoured nougat, all wrapped up in dark chocolate.

While the elements may be quite different, this is unmistakably a Snickers bar. The nougat is as soft as ever, and the marshmallow flavour is actually very authentic, and very delicious. The almonds make for a good replacement for the peanuts, giving a more mellow, nutty flavour, but remaining satisfyingly filling. The part I was most concerned about was the dark chocolate, fearing it would be too bitter. However, it works well, balancing out the almost overly sweet interior, while still remaining sweet of its own accord. This is a well balanced Snickers bar, and the variations on the classic ingredients are well crafted. It's definitely one of the tastiest varieties I've tried.

My rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment