Friday 10 October 2014

Today's Review: Tesco Extreme Chilli Houmous



I'm always partial to a bit of houmous, and while the regular stuff is all good, sometimes I like it to have a bit of a kick. I've tried a few chilli ones before from Tesco, and have consistently enjoyed them, though the spiciness isn't too much to write home about. But today I spied this "extreme" chilli houmous, that looked set to promise to blow my socks off. Look at that spice rating. Three peppers, that's some serious stuff.

Basically this is a nice, classic houmous, but with some red chillies and jalapeƱos thrown in. Not quite my definition of extreme chilli, but certainly a better effort than the usual fare. To be honest, it's certainly not tame. It carries a nice spicy kick throughout, and while i'm quite happy torturing my tastebuds, in this case I can see that less is sometimes more. While it's certainly hot, the flavour of the houmous itself is allowed to come through, making this a nice, creamy, spicy dip that's well worth a try for fans of spicy food. So dip your chip and brace yourself. It's not going to blow your head off, but this extreme chilli houmous is extremely tasty.

My rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment