Saturday 4 October 2014

Today's Review: Big Hunk


I can't say chowing down on a Big Hunk was on my wish list, but I found a bar for a reduced price, so of course I was going to have a go. This is a massive nougat bar, a snack food that is quite underrepresented in the UK. This one contains honey flavoured nougat, but is also packed with peanuts for good measure. Honey and nuts works, we know that, but nougat too?

Well, it's quite nice. The honey flavour is somewhat subdued, but certainly present throughout, and blends nicely with the peanuts to create something akin to Crunchy Nut. The only slight problem is with the consistency. The nougat is chewy and long lasting, of course, but the peanuts are quickly broken down. This leaves some remnants to mix in with the rest of the bar, which leaves it somewhat powdery. Still, it tastes nice, even if it is a little unpleasant on the tongue. Whether that's true of most big hunks, I'm not sure, but I think this is the only one I'll be trying.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment