Monday 27 October 2014

Today's Review: McDonald's Sweet Chilli Fiesta


It's week two of the My Burger menu, and this week it's something a little more interesting. This is the Sweet Chilli Fiesta. A beef patty, maple cured bacon, peppered cheese, red and yellow peppers and onions, all topped off with a habanero chilli sauce, and placed inside a paprika topped bun. I love the spicy foods, so I was looking forward to sinking my teeth into this one.

Turns out this is one spicy burger. The habanero sauce is a lot hotter than I thought it would be, and while it certainly didn't blow the roof of my mouth off, it's a pretty solid heat that lasts a while. The paprika topped bun is a fantastic touch as well, lending some spice and a lovely texture to what would otherwise be the blandest part of the burger. All the other elements blend in well in equal proportions. The beef is juicy, the bacon is flavoursome, the peppers are plentiful and the cheese provides a moist covering with an extra bit of spice, as if there wasn't enough. I enjoyed every bite of this burger, and while it's probably a it early to say it's my favourite of the My Burger menu, I can tell it's definitely a contender for the top spot.

My rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment