Friday 20 March 2015

Today's Review: Wall's Cornetto Peanut Butter Love



Peanut butter treats are certainly becoming more popular in the UK, and while there have been two fantastic peanut butter efforts from Ben & Jerry, and even an offering from Tesco, I was pleasantly surprised to see that there's now a peanut butter Cornetto on the shelves. They've been released alongside a Cookies & Dream flavour, and while that also looks nice, I couldn't pass up a peanut butter cone.


This Cornetto is comprised of a peanut butter ice cream, topped with a slab of chocolate indented with peanuts, and a hidden caramel core running through the middle. The chocolate on top does look quite strange, but it's a welcome addition. It provides a steady chocolate flavour, and a lovely crunch to complement the smooth ice cream underneath. The peanuts add a nice bit of texture too, and really help to bring out the flavour of the ice cream, not that it needs much help. It's a lovely, creamy ice cream that certainly has a nice peanut butter flavour. I was expecting it to be a little too sickly, but thankfully I was proven wrong. This isn't like the heavy filling of a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup, it's just a smooth, nutty experience that feel just right inside an ice cream cone. 

The caramel in the middle, though, I'm not too sure about. It gives a good kick of sweetness, but it was just a bit too much for me, quite thick and sickly. Perhaps it's because I was hoping for a jelly core to complement the peanut butter like Ben & Jerry put into their Core offering, but something just didn't feel right about this pairing. Still, there's not a whole lot of caramel in there, and it certainly didn't taste bad, just a bit too sweet around the middle. This is still a very good offering from Wall's, a nice idea that executed very well, and I'll most likely be picking up some more of these in the future.

My rating: 4/5

3 comments:

  1. Just tried this new peanut cornetto. Chocolate top was nice but I think they forgot about the peanuts. Neither my wife nor I could taste them at all. Very disappointing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Ray1, I didn't find any chopped peanuts in it. They look like crispy rice to me and no peanuts in the ice-cream either.

    I found the ice-cream was more like a mousse and was a bit disappointed. Although I am getting used to it a bit more after the second one and so pleased that it was on offer as 'better than half price' at Tesco Express at £1.00. They appeared yesterday :) I have not seen them before and as I do not have a TV these days, had not seen an advert for it so was a lovely surprise when it appeared in the freezer in shop :o) I have found one on Youtube now though :o)

    The choc disc on top is lovely, reminds me of Florentines, but I found it difficult to eat on cone, so I have to remove it and look forward to it as an 'extra' afterwards.

    K x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dating for everyone is here: ❤❤❤ Link 1 ❤❤❤


    Direct sexchat: ❤❤❤ Link 2 ❤❤❤

    Xa...

    ReplyDelete