Tuesday 31 March 2015

Today's Review: Galaxy Salted Caramel


I've been after this bar of Galaxy for a while, which is strange, because all it took to get one was to pop into WH Smith. But I don't like to go in there for some reason. Still, I managed it today, and walked out with a bar of salted caramel goodness. 

Salted caramel seems to be a big thing lately, and Galaxy already had a caramel bar, so all they needed to do was add salt. The wrapper says it belongs to a "caramel collection", so who knows what else they've got planned. But let's focus on the here and now, is this salted caramel any good? Well, yes it is. You have the famous, creamy Galaxy chocolate, full to the brim with smooth caramel. It's been a while since I've had a Galaxy Caramel, but it seems the chocolate in this bar is pretty thin, and there's a lot of caramel inside. Now, I like caramel as much as the next guy, but it did get a bit sickly after a few pieces. As for the salted part, there's definitely a nice hint of it. Perhaps not enough to satiate the sometimes overpowering caramel, there were some mouthfuls where I couldn't detect much at all. But I left with a definite taste of soft, smooth, salty caramel, all wrapped up in some great chocolate. This bar isn't perfect, and there are probably some better salted caramel products out here, but this is a must try for any Galaxy fans. 

My rating: 4/5

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the information.

    Galaxy Caramel 36g 12X12

    Main Office, Germany
    NRW Markt Gbmh
    Address:Middelicher Str. 302, 45892 Gelsenkirchen, Deutschland Get directions
    Phone: +49 151 66187048
    Email: sales@marktgmbh.com
    Website:https://marktgmbh.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I have to agree that there isn't enough salt. I have just devoured a bar and could barely taste the salt.

    ReplyDelete