Sunday 22 March 2015

Today's Review: Cadbury Salted Peanut Crunch Fingers


There's not a bad word I can say about Cadbury Fingers. Every kind I've tried has been pretty fantastic, from the original to the Fabulous range. The flavours have mostly been pretty unadventurous though, from white chocolate to honeycomb to praline, all the kind of stuff you'd expect to go with chocolate. These new Salted Peanut Crunch ones, however, especially caught my eye. I know, peanuts and chocolate also go together fairly often, but this is a slightly more outrageous flavour than other Fingers I've seen. They've been out for a little while now, but I only managed to find them in Asda when I finally found an excuse to make the trip the other day. There's also a salted caramel version around that I haven't managed to get hold of yet, so I'll just review these in the mean time.

I was half expecting not to enjoy these Fingers as much as their regular brethren, but there's really nothing I can complain about. It's also one of those snacks that can be perfectly summed up just by reading the box. They're Fingers, yes, the same lovely tasting biscuit, the same gorgeously smooth chocolate. But the biscuit is infused with a fantastically bold peanut flavour, accentuated with a hint of salt that gives it a lovely edge. So we have the Salted Peanut, we have the Fingers, and yes, there's Crunch too. Don't ask me how a crunchy biscuit can contain more crunch, but it does. Smattered throughout the biscuit are places where the texture becomes even crunchier, where the salty flavour becomes a little more intense and unlocks some more of the peanut goodness. Overall, these are just fantastic. My only complaint is that there didn't seem to be as many in the pack as in a regular box of Fingers, but I guess I don't feel so bad having eaten the entire thing in one sitting. These Fingers are a crunchy, chocolatey, peanut delight, and I hope they start showing up in more places soon. 

My rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment