Monday 5 September 2016

Today's Review: Cadbury Dinky Deckers


Cadbury have adapted many of their bars into bite size form over the years, but there are still some they've overlooked. But no longer have they ignored perhaps one of my favourite Cadbury offerings, the Double Decker. I found these Dinky Deckers in Sainsbury's for £1. Quite a great name for them, but it was only upon opening the bag that I realised quite how dinky they are.


There's a Mini Babybel for scale, it was the closest thing I could find and I was desperate to shove these in my face. Unfortunately, when I did so, I was somewhat disappointed. The chocolate, nougat and crispy bits are there, sure, but they lack the impact they have in the proper bar. There's something so satisfying about digging into a big sticky lump of nougat imbedded with crispy pieces, and it's not well emulated in miniature form. Looking at the packet, the cross section seems just like their larger brethren, but looking at my picture up there, you can see they're really not. They're not bad, they still taste like Double Deckers, but the experience is very dulled down, turning a fantastic chocolate bar into an average bag of chocolates. Try again, guys.

My rating: 3/5

1 comment:

  1. Also, have you noticed the filling is upside-down in the picture (and possibly also the actual dinky deckers)?

    ReplyDelete