Saturday 3 September 2016

Today's Review: Sweets 4 U Chili Mili


As I scoured the shelves at Asda the other day, I found myself perusing the world foods section. There, tucked away in an unassuming corner, I found a tiny packet of sweets. I picked them up on the basis that I'd never seen them before, and on closer inspection realised that they're chilli flavoured gummy sweets. Now, I love chilli, and I love gummy sweets, so surely this would be the perfect combination? Yes, actually, I had reservations from the moment I picked the bag up. Just because I like both elements, doesn't mean they're good when they're put together.

Turns out my intuition was right. These are pretty tiny sweets, and while at first they delivery quite a nice fruity flavour, it soon gives way to an uncomfortably hot chilli sensation. Now, I can handle a lot of heat, this included, but given the fact that it was coupled with a sweet that I had to keep chewing, the burning carried on for a lot longer than I was comfortable with. Normally there's some other flavour to keep you occupied, but this was just heat and chewy gelatin, and was pretty unpleasant. If you're a chilli maniac, you might want to give these a go, but I'd rather stick with the peppers.

My rating: 1/5

2 comments:

  1. I have tried these sweets also and came to see reviews on this horrible product, but please dont let them horribly made chilli sweets put you off, I had a pack of chilli sweets which are more expensive however they are delicious you can get 175g for £3.50 on ebay the more you get the less of course. Luckily i had the nice ones before i tried these as if id tried these first i would have never tried one again haha.

    - Josh

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tried these sweets also and came to see reviews on this horrible product, but please dont let them horribly made chilli sweets put you off, I had a pack of chilli sweets which are more expensive however they are delicious you can get 175g for £3.50 on ebay the more you get the less of course. Luckily i had the nice ones before i tried these as if id tried these first i would have never tried one again haha.

    - Josh

    ReplyDelete