Friday 2 September 2016

Today's Review: Mint Oreo


Not one, but two new Oreo flavours in as many weeks. I was less excited about these than I was for the strawberry cheesecake variety, but I figured I'd hunt it down for completion's sake. Besides, picking these up at any import shop was likely to set me back £6 for a box, and that's not a price I'm willing to pay for anything mint chocolatey. I found these in Sainsbury's for £1.20

Yes, I'm not fond of the mint chocolate combination, but I wanted to give these a try anyway. It's the same old Oreo biscuit on the outside, with a mint flavour creme filling, and you know what? It's not bad. Actually, these are very good. At first I was hit with quite an intense mintiness, but I think that was just my taste buds getting used to the different filling of the Oreo. As I ate a few, the mint died down, and became a lot less pronounced, allowing the flavour of the creme to come through as well. Once it evened out, the filling was pleasantly smooth, sweet and creamy, and while it was a little too minty at some points, it works relatively well in partnership with the chocolate cookie. Not my number one combination, but I can appreciate a good mint chocolate when I taste one, and these are good. Let's hope they roll out some more Oreo flavours over here in the future.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment