Sunday 25 September 2016

Today's Review: Gusto Cola


My eyes were drawn to this slender black can in the little shop in Stratford station last night. Gusto Cola, it's real cola, and it's low calorie, oh, and it's organic, and fair trade! How could I resist that? I like a bit of authentic cola, as evidenced by my obsession with Fentimans. How would this can stack up? Ha, get it? Stack up, because you can stack cans...

This is a pretty clean tasting beverage, I must say. It's pretty crisp, and it does have the taste of an authentic cola, but it is a little on the bland side. Where I was expecting a bold flavour, I got something of a watered down experience. Maybe it's in the process of applying all these labels that something slipped out. Maybe it's the lack of sugar, or GMOs, or... unfair trade? but there are colas out there that pack a lot more of a punch. While they're probably not good for you, and I've probably just grown accustomed to fizzy drinks that feel like they're actively rotting your teeth, I must say I prefer them for now. Maybe this organic stuff will grow on me, but at the moment I can't say I thought it was great. A decidedly average cola.

My rating: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment