Friday 30 September 2016

Today's Review: Magnum Cookie Crumble White


I find it hard to tell which Magnum flavours are new these days, every time I look through the varieties at Tesco I seem to notice one I've never seen before. I know for a fact these are new though, and not just because every other flavour is on offer apart from this one. These cookie crumble Magnums come in either a pack of three regular size, or this pack of six mini. The big ones were sold out, but they appear to be the same composition, so I guess it doesn't matter. They also come in a milk chocolate version, but I haven't found those yet.

I've got to say, I'm not a big fan of these. The outer coating is as thick as ever, with a nice crunch to it, but I've never liked the white chocolate on a Magnum all that much, and it's the same stuff here. The cookie crumble pieces are pretty plentiful, and they add a nice, darker chocolate flavour, but there's something about the mixture of chocolate and cookie coating that leaves a funny aftertaste. The ice cream inside isn't much to write home about, it's the standard vanilla ice cream you'd find in a Classic Magnum. That's not exactly a bad thing, but seeing as there have been some pretty good flavoured ice creams inside other Magnums lately I was expecting something a little more exciting. It's still a Magnum which is good, but it's not a particularly great one. Perhaps I'd enjoy the milk chocolate ones more. The hunt begins.

My rating: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment