Monday 26 September 2016

Today's Review: Uncle Joe's Winter Nips


I picked up this interesting looking bag yesterday in Home Bargains. These are Winter Nips, which sound quite comical if you're immature, but I'm not so I 'm being very serious. They're small pip sweets that are flavoured with "10 natural herbs and spices", not to be confused with KFC of course. I mean, this guy's got a top hat and no moustache. 

These are traditional sweets with herbs and spices in them, so I wasn't expecting anything particularly sweet. Basically these have a predominant taste of liquorice, with aniseed and minty undertones, and they're not bad. Sure, I'm not a big fan of liquorice, but there's enough going on here to provide something of a refreshing sweet. They clear out the sinuses a little, and they taste nice and natural, very clean flavours. These aren't something I'd pick up for a quick snack, but they're nice and warming, and wouldn't go amiss as something to suck on in the cold winter months.

My rating: 4/5

1 comment:

  1. I discovered them in the same place and despite not being a sweet sucker I've got to say I'm hooked. I'd have said the taste is more dark treacle but maybe it is liquorice. I'd like to try some of the other stuff they do but only mint balls see available locally.

    ReplyDelete