Saturday 21 January 2017

Today's Review: Mr. Kipling Chocolate & Orange Whirls


I thought chocolate orange was mainly a festive flavour, but it's now sneaking into Easter, and why not? Chocolate and orange go together just fine. Here they've been bundled up inside a Mr. Kipling whirl, a chocolate sauce with an orange buttercream layered on top. Sounded good to me.

I wish I could say these were as good as I'd hoped, but they're really not that great. The chocolate sauce is alright, a bit dense but it works well with the whirls. The buttercream, however, is just too much. It's thickly layered on, and the flavour just overwhelms everything else. It's a very bold, not particularly natural tasting orange. It has an okay texture, but it's just too sickly, and it pretty much makes the chocolate unnoticeable. Perhaps they would have been better off combining the two fillings, because this doesn't work very well. Not inedible, but a sickly sweet whirl that doesn't live up to the rest of Mr. Kipling's offerings.

My rating: 2/5

1 comment:

  1. This blog is amazing. You got yourself a follower :)

    ReplyDelete