Saturday 10 June 2017

Today's Review: Heck Chicken Italia Sausages


I've liked the look of these Heck sausages for a while now, but I always opted for the cheaper stuff. They're on offer right now in Tesco, so I figured I'd try them out. These are chicken sausages, with added basil, tomato and mozzarella. Sounded pretty fancy to me, and they're also gluten free and low in fat, so that promised none of the stuff they shove into your regular sausages.

As fancy as these sausage sound, I found them to be a little bland. There's some good quality chicken in there, it doesn't taste too processed, so that makes these some pretty clean tasting sausages. As for the other ingredients that they've put in there, I can't say it contributes too much to the flavour. There's a hint of them in there, but the chicken seems to take pride of place, and I was hoping for more tomato and cheese. These aren't bad, but for the price and the promise of flavour, they're pretty middle of the road. Think I'll stick with other sausages.

My rating: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment