Saturday 3 June 2017

Today's Review: McDonald's Louisiana Stack


Just because I'm low carb, doesn't mean I can't enjoy a burger! I just have to enjoy it with no bun... So today I took the plunge and popped into McDonald's for their latest Great Tastes burger. This is the Lousiana Stack, consisting of two beef patties, pepper jack cheese, red and yellow peppers, lettuce, spicy ketchup and mayo. It's meant to come in a spicy bun, which sounded pretty good to me, but I resisted, hoping I could still get a good enough effect.

This is a good burger, but I've got to say it's largely down to the sauce. The spicy ketchup is great, it has a real kick to it, and blending together with the mayo it creates a great combination of creaminess and heat. The spice in the pepper jack cheese isn't particularly noticeable, but I guess it adds to the overall heat created by the sauce. The peppers are a nice touch, soft and with a bit of extra flavour to liven up the lettuce. I prefer the peppers to tomato, that's for sure. As for the bun, I'm afraid I can't comment, but it sounds like it would round this burger out quite nicely. I guess they could have gone a little easier on the sauce to let the other flavours shine through a bit more, but I'm not too mad, this is a good burger.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment