Thursday 8 June 2017

Today's Review: Voting

I voted today. Did you? Hopefully most of you will say yes, and if the answer is no I really don't know what to say. What more can be said that hasn't already been said in the weeks leading up to this election? We are fortunate to have the right to vote, to have our say in who runs this country, and voting because "it doesn't change anything" is the one way to ensure that nothing changes. I won't spout overused rhetoric, I can't change your mind, the polls have closed. So lets me focus on the act of voting itself.

Voting is easy, man. It's easy to register, and even easier to actually do the deed. Go to your nearest polling station (they even sort out all that for you), give them your name, put a cross on a bit of paper, put it in a box and walk out. That's it, it takes less than five minutes. There are things I do for a lot longer that are entirely unimportant. I probably stare blankly at a wall per day for longer than it took me to vote. It's easy, it's fast, and it's the most effective way to make sure your voice is heard, and to give you justification for your moaning over the following five years. Voting is great, and if you didn't do it, shame on you.

My rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment