Thursday 29 June 2017

Today's Review: Penguin Cake Crunchies



I do enjoy a good cake bar, although I don't pick them up as much as I should. Still, when there's a pack of new ones, I'll quickly snap them up, as was the case with these Penguin Cake Crunchies. As the name implies, they're Penguin cake bars that are also crunchy. Self explanatory. There's also the nifty cross section that highlights the chocolate cake, cream filling and biscuit pieces.

It's nice that they mention the biscuit pieces, because I didn't notice them all that much. There's a certain texture in there, but there isn't a significant crunch, it's more of a bit of grittiness. I know that sounds bad, but it's still tasty enough. The cream is good, and there's a bit of a biscuity element in the flavour, so all in all it isn't a bad cake bar, but as the crunchiness is a big selling point, I can't say there's much of it in there. An interesting enough change from the norm, but not executed all that well.

My rating: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment