Monday 13 August 2018

Today's Review: Doritos Collisions Honey Glazed Ribs & Lemon Blast


After trying out the habanero and guacamole Doritos the other day, I had to grab these ones too. Thankfully they're on offer for £1 in Tesco Express, so it's the best time to grab a bag. This one combines honey glazed rib flavour with lemon, emulating that bag of ribs you get from the Chinese. How do they translate to chip form?

While the difference in colour between chips is quite noticeable in the habanero/guacamole bag, these ones aren't so much. Still, with a little studying you can pick out a pair, and the combination is... okay. The lemon chips are great, much along the same lines of the hint of lime Doritos, but with a bit more of a citrus kick. The ribs chips have a certain sweetness to them, but not too much meatiness behind them. Adding in the lemon creates a nice enough overall flavour, but I think I'd appreciate a whole bag of lemon more. Work on your rib flavoured chips guys, these are good, but not great.

My rating: 3/5

2 comments:

  1. Its taste is just too intens in my opinion

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was quite difficult for me to enjoy. I feel that the lemon was just too overwhelming, even the honey ribs tasted like lemon blast. I wouldn’t say they are bad tho, just not my cup of tea or well bag of crisps. ��

    ReplyDelete