Friday 31 August 2018

Today's Review: Poundland White Chocolate Malt Balls


Poundland are bringing out quite a lot of knock off versions of famous chocolates, and none have exactly wowed me so far. Here's their take on Maltesers, but with a twist. Can you see? Let me give you a clue. They've got white chocolate on! Yes, these are the snazzily named White Chocolate Malt Balls, which are white chocolate coated malt balls.

These are pretty good actually. Obviously not as good as Maltesers, because Maltesers are perfect, but these are a damn good effort. The malt is a little on the crumbly side, but packs quite a bit of flavour. The coating is actually chocolatey, has a nice creaminess to it and doesn't leave a bitter taste in the mouth. I polished these off fairly quickly, and I wouldn't mind picking up some more. A nice little Poundland offering.

My rating: 4/5




No comments:

Post a Comment