Tuesday 31 May 2011

Today's Review: Having Hardly Any Battery Left On My Phone

I'm about to go out, perhaps to work, perhaps just out for a few hours. I look at my phone and realised it has a little less battery than I'd hoped. I've got no time to charge it, so I'm just gonna have to go with the flow. Hopefully I won't need to use it as much as I hoped.

I walk down the street without music. Everything's quiet, I can't walk to a beat, tap my fingers, I feel empty, but it's bearable. Hopefully I don't need to find my way somewhere, Maps can drain battery pretty fast. Looking up things on the internet is out too, and I can't check my Facebook and Twitter as often. It's just like being back using a normal phone. Every last bit of that battery is reserved for texts and calls.

In ways it's refreshing. Having to use my wits to find where I'm going. Thinking about things for a while instead of just looking them up on Google. It's living the way I used to, before everything got too easy. But after a bit of thought, I wish I just had more battery. Everything being easy is awesome. The internet is awesome, and I miss it.

But for today I have to tough it out. I text a few people, make a couple of calls, percentage point by percentage point drains away. I feel on edge the whole time I'm out. What if I need to call someone? Sometimes I'm not so lucky. The phone may die completely while I'm making a call, leaving me unable to make a more important one. But sometimes it's okay, I can get home with a couple of percent left to spare. In goes the charger, and all my stress goes away. Now I can internet to my heart's content.

My rating: 1/5

No comments:

Post a Comment