Wednesday 26 October 2011

Today's Review: Going Through Random Articles On Wikipedia To Get Review Ideas

Yes, it's clear that from time to time I have worked for most of the night, only to come home with nothing to review. I reviewed that once in fact, but I can't do that again. With nothing really standing out at me tonight I decided to click "Random article" on Wikipedia in the hopes that something would inspire me.

Everyone loves Wikipedia, hell, I got my degree through using Wikipedia a lot. Its articles may not be completely accurate, but at least they have links you can follow through externally. But despite there being a wealth of information if you know what you're looking for, if you ask for a random article there is no way you are going to be interested in most of what you see. I only got a few clicks in before I realised how ridiculous it was. Among others I was given a Japanese footballer, a type of lawn mower, and my personal favourite, "galactosylacylglycerol O-acyltransferase", which I'm told is "an enzyme that catalyzes the chemical reaction: acyl-[acyl-carrier-protein] + sn-3-D-galactosyl-sn-2-acylglycerol \rightleftharpoons [acyl-carrier-protein] + D-galactosyldiacylglycerol"

I don't know about that, but it would make a pretty good name for a super villain. Mainly because it starts with "Galacto", but also, when the hero discovers this villain is behind the plot and says his name in a confrontational kind of way, it would take him a very long time and he could be easily overpowered during.

Again, I digress. The point is, if you're looking for an idea, do not go trawling through random articles on Wikipedia. You may learn a few things, but you'll probably never use them.

My rating: 1/5 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment