Sunday 9 October 2011

Today's Review: Pizza Hut's All Day Breakfast Pizza


There's nothing quite like trying a new Pizza Hut pizza. In fact, there's often something new every time I order, Pizza Hut change their menu more than I change my underwear (if that were true I would be a completely disgusting human being). 

So here we have one of the more interesting pizzas I've seen, the All Day Breakfast. In theory it shouldn't be too much different from a regular pizza. It has bacon, sausage, tomato and mushrooms, pretty standard. But lurking underneath is not the regular tomato sauce, but baked bean sauce. I know baked bean sauce technically is tomato sauce, but it's different. And what a difference it makes. While the toppings are indeed quite nice, there's something about the sauce that gives it a very different kick. The whole combination of flavours really makes it taste like an all day breakfast sandwich. Yes, that even includes a sight hint of scrambled egg. I don't exactly know how the egg flavour comes about from this combination of toppings, but to me it was a nice surprise and really topped off the breakfast-y offering. 

Probably the best thing about this pizza is I won't feel bad eating it for breakfast, because it is clearly for breakfast, just look at the name. Still, the fact that it is a pizza adds a little strangeness to it all. The problem lies in the crust. I got the stuffed crust, because I don't believe in any other form, but it's really like chasing down your breakfast with a melted cheese string, it just seems odd. Still, I don't see how pan or italian crusts would taste any less strange, because at the end of it all they're all pizza crust. But this is a good offering, Pizza Hut. Whatever will you come up with next?

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment