Tuesday 25 October 2011

Today's Review: Tesco's Pumpkin Pie


I think I've only tried a bit of pumpkin once before, and I didn't like it. Pumpkins are purely for carving, but since my daughter is afraid of them my contact with them shall be minimal this Halloween. But one day I hope to be an American, and if I can't be professional and well off enough to get a green card, I'm hoping they can just test me on how American I really am, and a key component of that would be liking pumpkin pie.

To my surprise, there was some pumpkin pie in Tesco, and in the reduced section too. "Why not?" I thought, throwing aside all previous misconceptions I may have had about pumpkins. Then I opened it up. It doesn't look great. It looks like quiche, which is normally quite eggy in flavour, so that put me off a little. I don't know if pumpkin pie is meant to look like that or not, I've had no other pie before with which to compare it to. Plus, I know those are pumpkin seeds on top, but am I really meant to eat them? Look at them, they don't look edible, they're freakin' huge. Still, I'm not one to judge a disgusting looking foo by how disgusting it looks. The proof is in the pudding, or the tasting thereof, so down the hatch it went.

I say down the hatch, but in fact I mean I took a couple of small bites and then gave up. I didn't like it. It wasn't particularly awful, I could have easily finished it, but it just didn't taste nice to me, and there was a bag of salt and vinegar crisps calling my taste buds. Pumpkin just ain't good, especially in quiche form. It's too bitter for my liking, and I don't really understand why people would want to eat it. Oh well, there goes my citizenship. Unless I can get in on my love of Cap'n Crunch and Cheetos.

My rating: 1/5

No comments:

Post a Comment