Friday 3 August 2012

Today's Review: Choka Blok's Peanut Butter Nutter


Peanut butter. I love the stuff, but I've met a lot of people who hate it. There's nothing quite like tucking into a big old peanut butter sandwich, and that's all I did with the stuff for a long time. Then I discovered that in America peanut butter is one of the main food groups, and suddenly peanut butter was as versatile as cheese, everything is better with it. Peanut butter and jelly? Good stuff. Peanut butter chocolate bars? Delightful. Peanut butter burgers? Yes, still good.

The UK has been quite slow in catching up with this whole peanut butter thing, I can never find a jar of Goobers around here. But the good folks at Choka Blok are helping the movement along with this peanut butter infused ice cream. Of course, it lives up to its name, it's chock full of stuff. We have peanut butter flavoured ice cream, mixed with caramel swirls and chocolate chunks, wrapped in chocolate embedded with peanut pieces. Does that sound good? Well, it is. The first bite has a distinctly peanut buttery flavour, and while I was expecting it to be a bit odd, it was  pretty damn tasty. Unfortunately the flavour faded as I progressed, but the rest of the contents kept my taste buds busy, and there definitely was a hint of peanut butter throughout. It's an intriguing combination of stuff shoved into one bar, but for me, it's a winner.

My rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment