Monday 20 August 2012

Today's Review: Fleas

If you've been reading this blog regularly for some reason, you'll know that I have a cat. We bought her from some random on Facebook, and despite avoiding the most obvious danger of death associated with meeting a stranger from the internet, we suffered the next worst thing. We bought a cat that they assured us was flea-free. But she was not.

We had our suspicions for a little while after we got her. She scratched quite a bit, but we didn't really see anything, and none of us felt any effects. It was only after going to the vet that they confirmed it. A quick comb through, and they said "She's covered in fleas. You'll need to spray your whole house." No, I didn't know much about this process, but I was forced to when I was informed that for every flea on the cat, there would be hundreds of eggs around my flat. But the thing is I still couldn't see them. I was assured the fleas were there, and I'd have to act quickly to stop any negative repercussions, but I found it hard to believe. Sure, I feel a little nagging itch from time to time, my brain playing tricks on me? Or is it perhaps the fleas letting me know in some small way that they're there, watching me?

Either way we didn't need too much convincing. The fleas were there, we needed to believe that, and we needed to do something about it. That something was buying a £17 can of flea spray and getting to work on every one of our rooms. It's a lot of dedication, more time that I was willing to give to beings that I couldn't even see. But eventually we had finished, and things seemed appeased for a while.

But now the niggling feelings are back. The cat is scratching again, it could be possible that the fleas are watching over me right now. We have the vets again tomorrow. Perhaps they'll tell me of the presence of the fleas, feed me more information about what I should buy and how I should live my life in order to appease the fleas. Will I believe them this time? I don't know. But I get the feeling that the more their existence is discussed, the more I'll feel them. One day, just one day, I may find Fleasus.

Seriously though, fleas can go suck a bag of dicks.

My rating: 0/5

No comments:

Post a Comment