Sunday 13 October 2013

Today's Review: Penn State Devil's Flame Roasted Chipotle Chilli Pretzels



It's another Halloween treat today, and probably the one I've gotten most excited about this year. I stumbled upon these yesterday, and just had to try them. Penn State pretzels are crunchy little morsels of goodness, and now they've risen to the Halloween challenge with not just a new flavour, but some seasonally shaped pretzels too.



Look at that, little spider webs and bats. That's some Halloween dedication. It would have been cool to see some pumpkins too, but hey, we can't have everything. So these snacks certainly look the part, but the proof of the pretzel is in the tasting, as they don't say. Penn State have gone with a spicy chipotle chilli flavour, and I must say I've never tried a spicy pretzel before. Spicy flavours are a pretty good match for Halloween, but I am assured that these have been roasted by the devil's flame, so they're truly spooky.

These pretzels have a nice spicy kick to them. They're not overly hot, but these are chipotle flavoured, not ghost chillies, so I'll forgive that (I'd love to see some ghost chilli flavoured Halloween snacks though). The spiciness does get a little overwhelmed by the pure taste of pretzel underneath, but I quickly found that there was still a nice, spicy tingling sensation that hung around after. These pretzels are definitely my favourite Halloween themed snack so far this year. They're different, well presented, and most importantly, very tasty.

My rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment