Thursday 24 October 2013

Today's Review: Kettle Tortilla Chips


Surveying the crisp aisle at Tesco, I resisted all kinds of temptation. I'd already tried most, the rest were too expensive for my liking. But then my eyes settled on these Kettle Tortilla Chips, labelled up at a surprising 50p (yes, for a big bag). How could I resist? Well, I couldn't.

First up was the cool sour cream flavour. Not exactly an original flavour, but hey, it's a classic. The flavour to chip ratio is actually pretty good here, a nice, powdery coverage that doesn't overwhelm the senses, and the chips themselves are light and crunchy. I find that with many tortilla chip brands, the flavour quickly gives way, leaving a mushed up, bland tortilla mess. With these, it's quite the opposite, with the sour cream taste sticking around for a long time, making me crave more. In fact, I'm polishing off the rest of the bag after meticulously measuring out a portion earlier... Oops.

My rating: 5/5


Next was the sweet chilli salsa. I love spicy crisps, so these seemed right up my street. Unfortunately, they're not particularly spicy, but I wasn't exactly expecting flames to shoot out of my mouth from sweet chilli. They do, however, taste exactly like salsa, which was a little strange at first, but once I got used to it, these were absolutely delicious. So much so that I'll probably be tempted to eat the rest of them even after filling up from the sour cream. 

My rating: 5/5

So yeah, my stomach may explode from eating too many tortilla chips, but that just goes to show how delicious these are. Go get some.

Overall rating: 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment