Thursday 3 October 2013

Today's Review: Cadbury Dairy Milk Winter Wonderland & Snowy Delight


Christmas is here. Well, it's in the shops anyway, and that means I can sample all the wonderful Christmas themed chocolate bars. I actually picked up this Winter Wonderland Dairy Milk a while back, and didn't get round to reviewing it, but now I have two festive Cadbury bars that I can jam into one post. 


Winter Wonderland is quite a weirdly named bar, but it's quite a different idea, so I'll give it that. Inside you get your standard size Dairy Milk bar, but made up of tessellating Christmas tree shapes. Not only that, but the chocolate alternates between milk and white chocolate. The classic Cadbury chocolate is still as good as ever, and the white chocolate is certainly wonderful and creamy too, but it disappoints me a little that the white trees are only white on the surface, with mostly milk chocolate underneath. I understand that manufacturing alternating pure white and milk chocolate bars would probably be impossible, but I just wish there was more white chocolate. Perhaps if every piece was partially white, like snow covered trees, I'd like it more, but it seems the aesthetic qualities won out on this one. Don't get me wrong, it's still very tasty, and it looks fantastic and festive, I guess I'm just longing for more Cadbury white chocolate.

My rating: 4/5


Thankfully, the Snowy Delight bar makes up for the slight misgivings I have with Winter Wonderland. This is one of the good old Cadbury bars with fancy filling, and this time it's a vanilla flavour one. Nothing too fancy, but definitely keeping with the season in terms of colour. 


As you can see, there's a pretty thick helping inside, and it melts in the mouth rally quickly. The vanilla filling is wonderfully smooth and creamy, and blends in wonderfully with the flavour of the chocolate. I couldn't get enough of this one.

My rating: 5/5

These bars are both great, festive offerings from Cadbury. The Snowy Delight may not be the most original idea, but it's very tasty. The Winter Wonderland really looks that part though, and while I wish for more from it, it's still a great Christmassy product, and there's plenty of time to eat a whole lot more before the big day. Merry pre-Christmas!

Overall rating: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment