Sunday 20 October 2013

Today's Review: Reese's Peanut Butter Snowman



Ho ho ho, 'tis the season to stuff your face with chocolate, and Reese's are on hand to make sure you get your fill, with their massive Peanut Butter Snowman. If you're a fan of Peanut Butter Cups (I know I am), the sight of this will probably fill you with excitement. It's 140g of peanut butter filled chocolatey goodness. Unfortunately, I wasn't too excited about the price of £5 (damn imports), but Tesco have just reduced it to £3.50, so it was high time I snapped one up and cracked it open.


Look at that. Just look at it. Yes, this is basically an oversized Peanut Butter Cup, but looking at the amount of filling that's crammed inside it's clear that this is a chocolate peanut butter monster unto itself. The thick chocolate shell is absolutely packed with creamy, filling peanut butter, and while it is indeed very sickly, the whole thing tastes delicious. I was wary at first of the peanut butter overwhelming my senses, but the chocolate actually holds its own despite looking quite scarce, and the ratios seem to work out just right, giving that signature Peanut Butter Cup taste, but to the extreme. Much like the large Lindt bunnies, it's clear that this is not designed to be eaten in one sitting. But, much like the large Lindt bunnies, I couldn't help myself. So here I am, full of peanut butter, but completely satisfied. This is a fantastic super sized peanut butter chocolate treat, and I suggest you pick it up while it's still cheap...ish.

My rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment