Sunday 30 November 2014

Today's Review: Häagen-Dazs Chocolate Hazelnut Brittle


It's been a while since I've had some ice cream. Many people would steer clear of it now we're getting into the colder months, but it's always a good time for ice cream as far as I'm concerned. Especially when that ice cream is half price Häagen-Dazs. Skimming through the flavours for something that tickled my fancy, I came across this chocolate hazelnut brittle flavour. I don't believe it's particularly new, but I'd certainly never tried it before, and there's something about the festive season and nuts, they just go well together. So I was sold.

You know, I was expecting there to be a lot more hazelnut in this ice cream than there actually is. Sure, it's in the nut brittle, but I was hoping there would be some swirled into the ice cream. Instead, this is just a straightforward chocolate ice cream, and although there are a fair few chunks of brittle, they're not that big, and not too flavoursome either. It's like eating chocolate ice cream with a bit of a crunch to it. Not that that's a bad thing, I was just hoping it would be a more nutty experience, and I was met with something distinctly chocolatey. This is a nice ice cream, but if you're after either a chocolate or nut hit, you're better off seeking out a different flavour, as this is very middle of the road.

My rating: 3/5


No comments:

Post a Comment