Wednesday 28 December 2016

Today's Review: Chilli Wizards Insane Ghost Pepper Peanuts



I do like my spice, but often I find products that claim to be spicy fairly lacking. So I was quite looking forward to this pack of peanuts flavoured with ghost pepper, one of the hottest chillies in the world. Of course, there was the possibility that these would let me down, but the warning plastered on the packet gave me some hope.

Oh boy, these are hot. Very hot. I guess that's what you can expect from a novelty product designed to be ridiculously spicy, but they've done a good job here. They've perhaps gone a little overboard on the spice, it does compromise the taste of the peanuts. But the spice is the point, and the peanuts are still noticeable, so it's not all that bad. I can imagine these would be quite intense for a lot of people, I can only really manage a few at a time before I need to wait for the heat to fade. But the form in which they're presented works in their favour. The spice may be very strong, but in peanut form it's somewhat manageable. This is a good bag of peanuts for anyone who loves a bit of heat. Or a lot.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment