Saturday 24 August 2013

Today's Review: Strawberry Fanta



I love a bit of Fanta, I do. Fruit Twist is my favourite, though there have been some new flavours recently that have captivated my tastebuds, like Mango & Passion Fruit. 

Now I have found Strawberry Fanta. This is imported from the US, so I was expecting it to be like its sugary, sickly brother, Grape Fanta, and that's not a bad thing, because Grape Fanta is a guilty pleasure of mine. 

I was pretty much correct in my assumption. This Fanta tastes a lot flatter than its UK cousins. Instead it employs a very strong, and pretty fake, strawberry flavour. It tastes more like strawberry sweets than actual strawberries, and that might be okay for some, but it's a bit off for me. Still, it tastes nice, and I certainly managed to polish off the whole can, but the flavour does get overwhelming after a short time, and leaves behind a sugary, syrupy aftertaste. Not bad, but not great either.

My rating: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment