Sunday 18 August 2013

Today's Review: Jack 'N' Jill Magic Peanut Butter Creams & M.Y. San Honey Grahams

Two different products by two different companies. So why am I lumping them together in the same review? Well, I bought them in the same place at the same time, but also once the wrappers are off I found that these snacks contain the same base ingredient: Graham crackers. Developed by Reverend Graham as part of a diet to halt your carnal urges, Graham crackers are an essential ingredient in the creation of good old fashioned S'mores. But it's not just chocolate and marshmallows you can stick between these bad boys: Why not peanut butter?


Everything is good with peanut butter, especially crackers. Thankfully, these Graham crackers are packed with some nice, smooth, creamy peanut butter.


Each pack contains a three layered cracker/peanut butter sandwich, which can be snapped into three reasonably sized chunks. The crackers themselves taste a little like your standard cream cracker, although lighter and tastier. I did get to start that signature cracker dry taste in my mouth, but the generous amount of tasty peanut butter soon took care of that. This is a fantastic, filling snack that really hits the spot.


But if you fancy something sweeter, M.Y. San have you covered with Honey Grahams.


These crackers have the same makeup as the last, each one divided into three easily snappable pieces. But these crackers have a nice honey flavour blended in, and are certainly quite edible by themselves. While the honey flavour is nice and sweet, and at times starts to resemble Golden Grahams (funny that), it does start to wear off after a while, leaving a somewhat tasteless, dry finish. Since I got that hint of heavenly breakfast cereal, I tried dipping these in milk to see if I could complete the experience, but that just made the cracker soggy quite quickly and somewhat devoid of honey flavour. Oh well, they're still good on their own, although my money's on the peanut butter creams.

My rating: 9/10



1 comment:

  1. I love the Jack 'n' Jill Peanut Butter Creams, completely agree that it's a fantastic snack. I've just tried their Chocolate Peanut Butter Creams, which are identical except the cracker is slightly sweeter - worth a try too.

    ReplyDelete