Friday 16 August 2013

Today's Review: Cadbury Eclairs "Twists"


Cadbury are churning out stuff all over the place lately, but I'm certainly not complaining. Their latest venture is adding some "twists" to their classic Eclairs, namely orange and hazelnut. About time too, seeing as Eclairs have been around in their unaltered form since 1965. I can't say Eclairs are my go to choice as far as sweeties are concerned (though they are my mother's), but I couldn't resist grabbing these new flavours.


I figured the orange twist would be my favourite. They're pretty much the same as regular Eclairs, but with orange chocolate instead of the normal. Still, they're very tasty, boasting quite a sizeable centre with a bold orange flavour. Certainly an improvement in the original in my eyes.



As for the hazelnut, I wasn't sure I'd enjoy them quite as much. The old ladies who've grown up with the original will probably go gaga for it, there always seems to be an abundance of hazelnut and caramel in all the fancy chocolate boxes. Well, these Eclairs combine both flavours, and while they're also nice, the hazelnut flavour just isn't quite as bold as the orange, although I think that's because it blends in nicely with the caramel.

These new Eclairs are certainly another great thing to come from Cadbury this year. They retain the classic taste, with some tasty flavoured twists. If you're a fan of the original, these are definitely worth a go.

My rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment