Friday 23 August 2013

Today's Review: Tesco Finest Butterscotch Shortbread Thins

 Shortbread? Butterscotch? Together? It must be my lucky day. Yes, Tesco have brought out a new range of Finest biscuits, and these were the ones that caught my eye the most. Just look at the box, that neatly arranged scoop of butterscotch, and that perfectly sliced block of butter. How could I resist?

Well, once I got past the perfectly set up picture of the main ingredients, inside the box I found some perfectly formed shortbread biscuits. They look exactly like they do on the top part of the box, which is fantastic. They're oval, flat, and with a generous smattering of butterscotch chunks that give each biscuit a spotty texture. Each one also has a teapot engraved on it, which I suppose is meant to signal the perfect accompaniment, and perhaps is prompting me to dunk. I'm barely a tea drinker, let alone a biscuit dunker, so I'll leave it up to someone else to see how tea leaved add to the flavour.

On their own merit, though, these are fantastic. The box states that they "melt in the mouth", and they certainly do, due in no small part to the fact that they're 30% butter. But the butterscotch pieces add a nice chewy texture, and there are enough to ensure an even butterscotch flavour that permeates through the whole biscuit to give a fantastic overall taste. If you're a sucker for butterscotch, or shortbread, or both especially, don't miss out on these.

My rating: 5/5 

No comments:

Post a Comment