Saturday 3 August 2013

Today's Review: Tesco Finest Dominican Republic Chocolate With Sea Salt Flakes



Take some exquisite cocoa beans from the heart of the caribbean, and blend it up with some sea salt from a small town in the middle of Essex. That's the idea with this Tesco Finest chocolate bar, a combination of ingredients from across the world. Salt may sound like an odd thing to put in chocolate, but I once made truffles that were topped with a sprinkle of salt, and they were actually pretty nice, so obviously I have an expert opinion on the matter.

Well, this chocolate isn't as nice as my truffles. Yes, the chocolate itself is very nice, smooth, creamy, very tasty. The trouble is that there's just too much salt. It overwhelms the taste buds as soon as I pop it in my mouth, and while the flavours eventually come together to something quite nice, I'm still left with a salty aftertaste that really isn't that nice. Perhaps I just don't like salt as much as the average person, but this bar really doesn't do it for me. 

My rating: 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment