Wednesday 4 September 2013

Today's Review: Milka Strawberry Yoghurt


I didn't just pick up a Milka Caramel the other day, I found another variation that I hadn't tried before. It's probably been around for a while, but it's the first I'd seen of it. It's a big ol' Milka bar, filled with strawberry yoghurt.

Well, not actual proper strawberry yoghurt, that could get pretty messy. Instead, this bar is loaded with some nice, creamy filling. It's smooth, and most definitely tastes like strawberries. It's very sweet, almost to the point of being sickly, but not quite. The creaminess really blends in well with the chocolate, but there's a little something extra in the filling that I wasn't so sure about. There are tiny crunchy pieces contained within the yoghurt. At first I thought they were the pippy bits of strawberries tossed in for authenticity, but on reflection they could have been tiny pieces of freeze dried strawberry. I'm not sure, but the texture kind of threw off the creamy experience for me. Still, this bar was certainly tasty, if you like a bit of strawberry with your chocolate you can't go wrong with this. I just wish it were more uniformly creamy.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment