Monday 30 September 2013

Today's Review: Milka With Tuc


Is there no end to what companies will stick in their chocolate bars? I hope not, because new flavours are awesome. Here we have a Milka bar sandwiched between Tuc biscuits. I love Milka, and I love Tuc, so this was a no brainer.


When I say sandwiched, I mean literally. There are rows and columns of Tuc on either side of the bar, and while they're not exactly stuck on too well, it's a fairly nice spread. The Tuc doesn't quite cover as mcuh of the chocolate as the package had me believe, but I was willing to forgive that. I was just eager for a taste of chocolate and Tuc.

Unfortunately it's something of an underwhelming experience. All the good ingredients are there, the Milka is smooth and creamy, the Tuc are just lovely, miniature versions of the regular biscuit. It's just that the proportions seem off. Even with a biscuit on either side of each piece, the chocolate between is just a bit too thick, and the creaminess overwhelms the Tuc almost immediately. There's a small moment where the salt and sweet combine to something really tasty, but it's extremely shortlived, and just ends up tasting like crunchy chocolate. It's a real shame, I had high hopes for this bar, but it's turned out to be just okay.

My rating: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment