Friday 10 November 2017

Today's Review: Tesco Millionaire Filled Muffins


While yesterday I tackled the festive fresh baked goods of Tesco, now I've grabbed something from the pre-packaged aisle. Here we have Millionaire Filled Muffins, and unfortunately they're not muffins filled with millionaires, but they are filled with a salted caramel sauce. On top there's a chocolate muffin with chocolate chunks, and it's all crowned with some crumble.

These are some very chocolatey muffins, and they're not bad either. They're a little dry, but the chunks go some way to alleviating that, as well as the sauce in the middle. Unfortunately, it seems to be all caramel and no salt, a lot of people promise salted caramel these days and fail to deliver the goods. Still, a chocolate caramel combination is no bad thing, and these are pretty nice. Also disappointing is the crumble on top, I suppose it's meant to represent the shortbread in the millionaire's, but it doesn't add much to the overall flavour, and is swamped by the chocolate. So a pretty average muffin, I'm sure they could have done a bit better with these, but they'll do for a chocolate fix.

My rating: 3/5

1 comment:

  1. There's two other varieties too; a berry one and I think a lemon one. I quite liked the berry ones!

    ReplyDelete