Saturday 7 September 2013

Today's Review: Milka Popcorn Snax


I really have been finding all kinds of Milka products lately. This one is a bit different though. It's Milka covered popcorn, or as they like to call it, "Popcorn Snax". The "X" makes it cooler. They instantly reminded me of the Cadbury Choc Full Of Popcorn, and it's not hard to see why. They're the same idea, and they're even in the same kind of bag. But how do these fare against the Cadbury goodness?


Well, here they are. The chunks vary in size, but each kernel is quite generously coated in Milka chocolate, which tastes as good as ever. The popcorn is a different story though. It's quite strange. While the Cadbury version included your regular old toffee popcorn, this one isn't really like any popcorn I've ever tasted. It's somewhat... heavy, and quite chewy. Puffy, in a way, which I guess is why in the ingredients it states "puffed corn". The other thing is that there's no real flavour to it. It's slightly sweet, but nowhere near as much as you'd expect your average sweet popcorn to taste.

So yes, the innards of these are a little weird, but once I got over the strange texture and flavour, I certainly enjoyed these. I think the strange popcorn gives these enough to set them apart from other popcorn related products, although personally I preferred Cadbury's attempt. But these are definitely nice, and worth a try.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment