Saturday 21 September 2013

Today's Review: Tango Blue Balls


Um... Well, yeah. These are Blue Balls, from Tango. Chewy blue raspberry bon bons, to be precise, but with a rather... interesting name. If anyone thinks that Tango aren't aware of the double meaning, they've gone and stuck two nut-shaped bon bons right on the front of the packet. In fact, there's a lot of stuff going on with the packaging. There's a yellow sticker that assures me this is a "big bag", a nice illustration in the corner, showing me that these sweets are "tongue painters", and a strange slogan at the top, "No pain - no gain!" Are these sweets going to hurt me?


Well, they certainly look like unassuming little bon bons, they don't quite have the texture of the ones in the picture on the front. There's a fair bit of dust on these that may rub off on your fingers, but once I popped them in my mouth that was long forgotten. These are very nicely chewy sweets, not too hard, not too soft, they last just the right amount of time really. The flavour of them is interesting as well. Slightly sour, definitely of the blue raspberry variety, but there's a slight hint of something else that I can't quite pinpoint. A little hint of something... green flavoured. I'm not too sure, but it takes a little something away from the sweetness of the main flavour.

These are nice sweeties, and while the taste is a little bit off, it didn't stop me eating several in one go. Let's just say I wasn't left unsatisfied, if you know what I mean. The only downside is that the "tongue painters" part of the packet is right. I ate about ten of these and had a blue tongue for a good few hours after. I don't know how long it takes to wear off, because I ate some more before it did. Oh well, I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment