Wednesday 25 September 2013

Today's Review: Galaxy Nut Crunch


After getting hold of the Honeycomb Crisp Galaxy a couple of weeks ago, this other bar eluded me completely. It was not in my local W.H. Smiths, an empty space on the shelf taunted me at Tesco. But today, I found it, and while nutty chocolate may not be quite my thing, I just had to consume that which had escaped my grasp for so long.


Much like the Honeycomb Crisp, the premise behind this bar isn't anything overly original. It's your regular Galaxy chocolate, with almond and hazelnut pieces thrown in. As you can see, from above, there's a load of them, and this is what makes this bar earn the "Crunch" part of its name. Every single piece is packed with crunchy, sweet nut pieces, with a nice caramelised aftertaste. It's nice to have a chocolate bar with so much filling, but in this case it is a little too much of a good thing. After a while the nuttiness overwhelmed the creaminess just a little, and left me with a bit of a dry taste in my mouth. Still, if you eat it in small portions, which is probably what you should do, this is a nice, nutty, creamy bar, and a welcome addition to the Galaxy range.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment