Thursday 4 June 2015

Today's Review: Lipton Raspberry Ice Tea


I do enjoy an iced tea on a hot summer's day, or any day for that matter. I've only really dabbled in peach and lemon flavours, because they're normally the only ones I can find in easily available bottled form. But I found this raspberry flavour from Lipton the other day and snagged it immediately.

I was really looking forward to this, I was. I think it affected my experience of it at first, as the initial few sips were refreshing and had a fair amount of raspberry flavour. But as I made my way through the bottle, I realised it wasn't all that flavoursome. It's a somewhat refreshing drink, although it does have a bit of a dry edge to it due to the tea extract. But it's just pretty bland, and seeing the ingredients supports that. Aside from sugar, water and acid (yum), there is a mere 0.12% tea extract, and 0.1% raspberry juice. The tea extract sure goes a long way, but the juice not so much. This could have been a great bottle, but there's not enough fruitiness to make it work. It's an okay iced tea, but not a great raspberry iced tea.

My rating: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment