Saturday 17 October 2015

Today's Review: Wall's Pepperoni Pizza Slice


I was on the lookout for a quick dinner fix last night, and popping into the nearest shop (a One Stop) I was greeted by a glorious sight, Wall's slices for £1. My hands were ready to get all up on the steak one, but my attention was caught by this limited edition pepperoni pizza slice. Pizza in a pastry? I wasn't so sure, but I figured it would be worth a go. What's the worst that could happen? Apart from crushing disappointment and a ruined meal of course...

You can pop this in the microwave or oven, or eat it cold if you're some kind of heathen. I opted for the oven, because that's the only way to get it satisfyingly crispy, and that it was. The pastry is great, good quality with a great crunch to it. As for the innards, I was half expecting disappointment, but it's actually pretty good. I figured there'd be an abundance of tomato sauce, but this is a satisfyingly cheesy slice. It has both mozzarella and cheddar, and it all melted together for a creamy, satisfying filling. there's a nice hint of tomato in there as well, and while the teeny pepperoni slices add a good meaty flavour, there weren't quite enough in there for my liking. Perhaps the cheese is a little too much, it kind of overwhelms everything else in there. Still, I couldn't complain too much, I still enjoyed it. The pastry was a bit of a strange match with the pizza filling, but not as bad as I thought. This is certainly quite different from the regular varieties of slice out there, and while it's not perfect, it was quick, filling, and pretty tasty.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment