Tuesday 22 August 2017

Today's Review: Drumstick Squashies Rhubarb & Custard


The original Drumstick Squashies remain one of my favourite bags of sweets to pick up when there's nothing new around. I didn't grab them today though, because not only was there something new, there was a new variety of Squashies! Now you can get your Drumstick fix in soft rhubarb & custard form. I'm a real sucker for anything rhubarb flavoured at the moment, so these were right up my street.

I wasn't a fan when the Squashies branched out into the bubblegum and sour apple & cherry, but they've returned to form with these ones (although the Halloween flavour was good too). The rhubarb kits straight away, a nice tart, sweet flavour that's reminiscent of the classic sweets. The custard side is a somewhat milky affair, in keeping with the flavour of the original Drumstick lollies, but there is a definite custardy hint that really works well with the rhubarb. I couldn't stop eating these, they're great, and I hope they stick around for a while. Another Squashie hit.

My rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment