Sunday 6 January 2019

Today’s Review: When There’s Nothing Interesting At The End Of The Credits

Post-credits scenes are by no means a new thing, they’ve been around for years. Often little nods or fun skits, but Marvel have made it their mission to make everyone watch to the end to get a proper glimpse at what’s to come. I sure as hell stay until the end of every Marvel movie, even when I go and see the midnight showing. But now I’m conditioned to watch to the end of the credits so that I can see some glory unfold before me, be it a movie or a game. Unfortunately it sometimes doesn’t pan out, and I’ve just wasted 10-15 minutes of my life watching names go by with no payoff. 

I get it, the credits are there to acknowledge all the work of the folk who created what I’ve just experienced. But that really doesn’t affect me, I’m just here for more content and it’s damn annoying when nothing happens. I’m not the only person who feels this way, there are websites dedicated to identifying post-credits scenes, they do the work so you don’t have to. Because getting to the end of that scrawl with nothing to show for it is just the worst.

My rating: 1/5

No comments:

Post a Comment